Day 22. Max working in the Arena  

Posted by Enlightened Horsemanship

Today, Max was worked pretty hard. To start with, I let him loose in the Arena and he ran around for 10 minutes. I timed it to make sure. He had a lot of energy and really ran around hard. Afterwards I mounted him with a saddle and bridle and started working him on the following exercises:


1. Rein Back to Walk Transitions

2. Rein Back to Trot Transitions

3. Walk to Trot Transitions

4. Hindquarter Yielding Figure of Eights

5. Forehand Yielding Figure of Eights

In the video below you can see me working on trying to get him to perform a simple walk to stop to rein back transition. It is very difficult for him. He is resistant, crooked, and not collected. This tells me that if he were going fast, he would be extremely difficult to stop.

This entry was posted on July 5, 2009 at 7/05/2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment